On Wednesday, October 30th, the Office of the President held a ribbon cutting ceremony in one of the General Purpose Classrooms, Agricultural Sciences (AGRI) 214. Texas Tech President, Dr. M. Duane Nellis spoke about the impact of new and renovated learning spaces on campus, as well as acknowledged various departments involved with the classroom and building renovations. Interim Provost and Senior Vice President, Dr. Lawrence Schovanec, spoke about the upgrades to classroom technology and classes offered by the Teaching, Learning, & Professional Development Center (TLPDC) to aid faculty/staff with staying current on technological advances. Three students in attendance aided Dr. Nellis and Dr. Schovanec with the ceremonial cutting of the ribbon.
Attendees included personnel from:
- Office of the President;
- Office of the Provost;
- Office of the Chief Financial Officer;
- Academic Support & Facilities Resources;
- Classroom Technology Services; and
- College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources.
There were various other attendees including:
- Facilities Allocation Council (FAC) committee members;
- Students whom attend class in AGRI 214;
- President Select members; and
- Other GPC initiative supporters.
Before and after pictures were on display to show the improvements to the aesthetics of the room, student seating, and technology. These pictures are now on display in the ASFR office.